Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's been 4 months, time for a fresh motherboard

I love the design of my laptop. It's an HP DV1000. It's light and portable, has media buttons, and is ergonomic set up. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it loves to fry mother boards. Not cool. I was looking at online forums regarding t his issue and it appears to be a known issue. I received the computer last summer in July. Since then, I've gone through 3 motherboards. Not cool. They were under warranty for the first 2 times this happened. Having no choice I sent it in and received it back in about a week. Now it's no longer under warranty. I spoke with the HP tech to get a price for repair. I originally paid about $725 for it. Anyone want to guess how much it would cost to repair? $728!! My laptop is totaled.

Damn.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger atheling2 said...

Your state might have anti lemon laws which could cover your laptop. Since you have a history of problems with it, HP might have to comply.

Check out the anti lemon laws via your state attorney general's office website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home